From 16 to 20 of may 2016, students and teachers from the 3 partner schools and representatives from each partners civil society organization gathered in Faro, Portugal, for the training course “School Participation: from theory to practice”.
This 5 days training course allowed participants to:
- Explore, get acquainted, studying and sharing, different core principles, methodologies and innovative methods and approaches to school participation and to the promotion of students and other school actors engagement within the different school activities;
- Share, compare and work on the results of the school and country mappings developed by CSO project partners, developing a better understanding regarding the situation of school participation in each of the projects’ school and country;
- Contribute to the completion of the Scale of Reference for “Participatory Citizenship Schools and implementation guidelines and test it, by applying this referral to their school contexts, becoming empowered to transfer this tool into the school community realities;
- Discuss and design school level actions for the development and implementation of the Strategic plan to become Participatory Citizenship School as well as for the engagement of other school actors in these process
The programme was a balanced combination of introduction, discussions and working groups supported by theoretical inputs in the fields approached during the TC. The use of diverse non‐formal education methods offered a chance to participants to get actively involve, to contribute with their ideas, opinions and suggestions, and address the group`s various ways to engage and contribute to the discussed topics. The facilitation by experienced professional contributed to create a productive and efficient working environment enabling the group to take the best out of the training course.
Check the TC report on the following link.
Discover the others activities
- Transnational project meetings
- Project Launching Events
- Local Seminars
- Local Actions
- International Conference